Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Spare Time With Your Baby

A young mother just quit her job and has no idea what to do with her spare time. She feel all she does now is sit around in her pajamas and watch the Disney channel.

This was my idea. Anybody else have any other ideas?

Why not teach her the alphabet or her shapes, colors, and numbers. My granddaughter is 2 and she can count to 30. She knows what a circle, star, square, rectangle, triangle, oval, & diamond are. She can recite her alphabet and can identify her letters out of sequence. The thing she is having trouble with is her colors. I seems to me that that should be one of the easiest things, but it's not for her. I've taught her most of this at nap and bedtime with a Fisher Price magnetic writing board. She thinks it's a game, and loves having my undivided attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment