Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Process of Making Cupcakes with Kids

What could be more fun or messier than making cupcakes with kids?

Every once in a while I decide to have a creative moment with my grandchildren. Today while I was at the grocery store I decided it would be fun for us to make cupcakes. My granddaughter LOVES cupcakes, and has been wanting to make them for some time. She is four. Her brother is seven, and he was quite excited about this adventure too.

So tonight after dinner we got started. They wanted to do it all. We got everything in the bowl and got it mixed together. Then the fun began... I let them put the badder in the cupcake papers.

These are marble cupcakes. Yellow cake mix with chocolate cake mix swirled in.

This is what they looked like when I took them out of the oven.
After they cooled they iced them.
Then they started with the sprinkles, but couldn't wait for me to take the picture. So this was my final picture.

This is the process of making cupcakes with kids, and as you can see it was a success!

1 comment:

  1. Jackie Johnson-PickardJuly 1, 2011 at 9:24 PM

    LOL, that takes me back! Loved this entry!!

    ReplyDelete